16E.05 Government information access.
Subdivision 1. Duties. The office, in consultation with interested persons, shall:
(1) coordinate statewide efforts by units of state and local government to plan for and develop a system for providing access to government services;
(2) make recommendations to facilitate coordination and assistance of demonstration projects; and
(3) explore ways and means to improve citizen and business access to public services, including implementation of technological improvements.
Subd. 2. Approval of state agency initiatives. A state agency shall coordinate with the office when implementing a new initiative for providing electronic access to state government information.
Subd. 3. Capital investment. No state agency may propose or implement a capital investment plan for a state office building unless:
(1) the agency has developed a plan for increasing telecommuting by employees who would normally work in the building, or the agency has prepared a statement describing why such a plan is not practicable; and
(2) the plan or statement has been reviewed by the office.
HIST: 1997 c 202 art 3 s 11
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes