148.7809 Registration renewal.
Subdivision 1. Requirements for registration renewal. A registered athletic trainer shall apply to the board for a one-year extension of registration by paying a fee under section 148.7815 and filing an application on a form provided by the board that includes:
(1) the athletic trainer's name, Minnesota athletic trainer registration number, home address and telephone number, business address and telephone number, and business setting;
(2) work history for the past year, including the average number of hours worked per week;
(3) a report of any change in status since initial registration or previous registration renewal;
(4) evidence satisfactory to the board of having met the continuing education requirements of section 148.7812;
(5) the athletic trainer's signature on a statement that a current copy of the protocol form is on file at the athletic trainer's primary employment site; and
(6) additional information as requested by the board.
Subd. 2. Registration renewal notice. Before June 1 of each year, the board shall send out a renewal notice to an athletic trainer's last known address on file with the board. The notice shall include an application for registration renewal and notice of the fees required for renewal. An athletic trainer who does not receive a renewal notice must still meet the requirements for registration renewal under this section.
Subd. 3. Renewal deadline. (a) An application for renewal of registration must be postmarked on or before July 1 of each year. If the postmark is illegible, the application is considered timely if received in the board office by the third working day after July 1.
(b) An application for renewal of registration submitted after the deadline date must include a late fee under section 148.7815.
Subd. 4. Lapse of registration status. An athletic trainer whose registration has lapsed must:
(1) apply for registration renewal under this section; and
(2) submit evidence satisfactory to the board from a licensed medical physician verifying employment in athletic training for eight weeks every three years during the time of the lapse in registration.
HIST: 1993 c 232 s 10
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes