Subdivision 1. Required rules. The commissioner shall adopt rules:
(1) designating prohibited, regulated, and unregulated exotic species;
(2) governing the application for and issuance of permits under this chapter, which rules may include a fee schedule;
(3) governing notification under section 84D.08; and
(4) designating, and governing the marking and use of, limited infestations of Eurasian water milfoil.
Subd. 2. Authorized rules. The commissioner may adopt rules:
(1) regulating the possession, importation, purchase, sale, propagation, transport, and introduction of harmful exotic species; and
(2) regulating the appropriation, use, and transportation of water from infested waters.
Subd. 3. Expedited rules. The commissioner may adopt rules under section 84.027, subdivision 13, that designate:
(1) prohibited exotic species;
(2) regulated exotic species;
(3) unregulated exotic species;
(4) limited infestations of Eurasian water milfoil; and
(5) infested waters.
HIST: 1996 c 385 art 1 s 12
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes