148C.0351 Procedures for admission to licensure.
Subdivision 1. Application forms. Unless exempted under section 148C.11, a person who practices alcohol and drug counseling in Minnesota must:
(1) apply to the commissioner for a license to practice alcohol and drug counseling on forms provided by the commissioner;
(2) include with the application a statement that the statements in the application are true and correct to the best of the applicant's knowledge and belief;
(3) include with the application a nonrefundable application fee specified by the commissioner;
(4) include with the application information describing the applicant's experience, including the number of years and months the applicant has practiced alcohol and drug counseling as defined in section 148C.01;
(5) include with the application the applicant's business address and telephone number, or home address and telephone number if the applicant conducts business out of the home, and if applicable, the name of the applicant's supervisor, manager, and employer;
(6) include with the application a written and signed authorization for the commissioner to make inquiries to appropriate state regulatory agencies and private credentialing organizations in this or any other state where the applicant has practiced alcohol and drug counseling; and
(7) complete the application in sufficient detail for the commissioner to determine whether the applicant meets the requirements for filing. The commissioner may ask the applicant to provide additional information necessary to clarify incomplete or ambiguous information submitted in the application.
Subd. 2. Fee for late renewal. A licensee must pay a late fee and the renewal fee set by rule.
Subd. 3. Requirement to maintain current information. An alcohol and drug counselor must notify the commissioner within 30 days of the occurrence of any of the following:
(1) a change of name, address, place of employment, and home or business telephone number; and
(2) a settlement or award based on negligent or intentional acts committed in providing alcohol and drug counseling services.
HIST: 1995 c 164 s 8
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes