62L.06 Disclosure of underwriting rating practices.
When offering or renewing a health benefit plan, health carriers shall disclose in all solicitation and sales materials:
(1) the case characteristics and other rating factors used to determine initial and renewal rates;
(2) the extent to which premium rates for a small employer are established or adjusted based upon actual or expected variation in claim experience;
(3) provisions concerning the health carrier's right to change premium rates and the factors other than claim experience that affect changes in premium rates;
(4) provisions relating to renewability of coverage;
(5) the use and effect of any preexisting condition provisions, if permitted;
(6) the application of any provider network limitations and their effect on eligibility for benefits; and
(7) the ability of small employers to insure eligible employees and dependents currently receiving coverage from the comprehensive health association through health benefit plans.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes