62J.41 Data from providers.
Subdivision 1. Cost containment data to be collected from providers. The commissioner shall require health care providers to collect and provide both patient specific information and descriptive and financial aggregate data on:
(1) the total number of patients served;
(2) the total number of patients served by state of residence and Minnesota county;
(3) the site or sites where the health care provider provides services;
(4) the number of individuals employed, by type of employee, by the health care provider;
(5) the services and their costs for which no payment was received;
(6) total revenue by type of payer or by groups of payers, including but not limited to, revenue from Medicare, medical assistance, MinnesotaCare, nonprofit health service plan corporations, commercial insurers, health maintenance organizations, and individual patients;
(7) revenue from research activities;
(8) revenue from educational activities;
(9) revenue from out-of-pocket payments by patients;
(10) revenue from donations; and
(11) any other data required by the commissioner, including data in unaggregated form, for the purposes of developing spending estimates, setting spending limits, monitoring actual spending, and monitoring costs.
The commissioner may, by rule, modify the data submission categories listed above if the commissioner determines that this will reduce the reporting burden on providers without having a significant negative effect on necessary data collection efforts.
Subd. 2. Annual monitoring and estimates. The commissioner shall require health care providers to submit the required data for the period July 1, 1993 to December 31, 1993, by April 1, 1994. Health care providers shall submit data for the 1994 calendar year by April 1, 1995, and each April 1 thereafter shall submit data for the preceding calendar year. The commissioner of revenue may collect health care service revenue data from health care providers, if the commissioner of revenue and the commissioner agree that this is the most efficient method of collecting the data. The commissioners of health and revenue shall have the authority to share data collected pursuant to this section.
Subd. 3. Repealed, 1995 c 234 art 5 s 24
Subd. 4. Repealed, 1995 c 234 art 5 s 24
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes