Subdivision 1. Commissioner of administration. The commissioner shall submit an annual report pursuant to section 3.195 to the governor and the legislature with a copy to the commissioner of trade and economic development indicating the progress being made toward the objectives and goals of sections 16B.19 to 16B.22, 161.321, and 473.142 during the preceding fiscal year. The commissioner shall also submit a quarterly report to the small business and targeted group procurement advisory council. These reports shall include the following information:
(1) the total dollar value and number of potential set-aside awards identified during this period and the percentage of total state procurement this figure reflects;
(2) the number of small businesses identified by and responding to the small business procurement program, the total dollar value and number of set-aside and other contracts actually awarded to small businesses, and the total number of small businesses that were awarded set-aside and other contracts;
(3) the total dollar value and number of contracts awarded to small targeted group businesses pursuant to each bidding process authorized by sections 16B.19, subdivision 2c, 161.321, and 473.142; the total number and value of these contracts awarded to each small targeted group business and to each type of small targeted group business in each purchasing category, and the percentages of the total procurement for each purchasing category the figures represent;
(4) the total dollar value and number of contracts awarded to small businesses in economically disadvantaged areas under the bidding process authorized in section 16B.19, subdivision 2d; the total number and value of these contracts awarded to each business, and to all businesses within each economically disadvantaged area in each purchasing category, and the percentages of total procurement for each purchasing category the figures represent.
The information required by clauses (1) and (2) must be presented on a statewide basis and also broken down by geographic regions within the state.
Subd. 2. Commissioner of trade and economic development. The commissioner of trade and economic development shall submit an annual report to the governor and the legislature pursuant to section 3.195 with a copy to the commissioner of administration. This report shall include the following information:
(1) the efforts undertaken to publicize the provisions of the small business and small targeted group business procurement program during the preceding fiscal year;
(2) the efforts undertaken to identify small targeted group businesses and the efforts undertaken to encourage participation in the targeted group purchasing program;
(3) the efforts undertaken by the commissioner to remedy the inability of small businesses and targeted group businesses to perform on potential contract awards; and
(4) the commissioner's recommendations for strengthening the small business and small targeted group business procurement program and delivery of services to small businesses.
Subd. 3. Reports from other agencies. The commissioner of transportation, and each metropolitan agency listed in section 473.143, subdivision 1, shall report to the commissioner of administration all information that the commissioner requests to make reports required under this section. The information must be reported at the time and in the manner requested by the commissioner of administration.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes