Skip to main content Skip to office menu Skip to footer
Minnesota Legislature

Office of the Revisor of Statutes


Changing the course, current, or cross-section of public waters requires a permit from the commissioner of natural resources under Minnesota Statutes, section 103G.245. The standards in part 6105.0410, subpart 3, item B, subitems (4) to (6) shall apply to any alterations in public waters.

Under section 10 of the River and Harbor Act of 1899 and/or section 404 of the Federal Water Pollution Control Act Amendments of 1972, a permit for any structure and/or fill is also required from the Army Corps of Engineers.

Prior to the issuance of a permit for alterations in public waters, the commissioner may hold a public hearing in the manner provided by Minnesota Statutes, section 103G.311.

Statutory Authority:

MS s 104.25; 103F.351

Published Electronically:

June 11, 2008