Assurance of Compliance with State and Federal Law
Name of School District
The undersigned hereby affirm that the above named school district is in compliance with the following state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination:
1. Minnesota Statutes, section 363A.13, Minnesota Human Rights Act, which prohibits discrimination in education programs and activities on grounds of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or disability.
2. Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Public Law 88-352), which provides that no person in the United States shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity for which the district receives federal financial assistance.
3. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Public Law 88-352), as amended by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972 (Public Law 92-261), which prohibits discrimination in employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
4. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Public Law 92-318), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs and activities receiving or benefiting from federal financial assistance.
5. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (Public Law 90-202), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of age (40 through 64).
6. Minnesota Statutes, section 121A.04, which prohibits sex discrimination in athletic programs.
7. Part 3500.0500, curriculum, which provides that "No school shall provide any course or activity on the basis of sex. This includes health, physical education, home economics, and industrial education."
This assurance is given in consideration of and for the purpose of obtaining any and all federal grants, loans, contracts, property, discount, or other federal and state financial assistance extended after the date hereof to the district by the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare and the Department of Education including installment payments after such date on applications for federal financial assistance and state aid allotments which were approved before such date. The district recognizes and agrees that such federal and state financial assistance will be extended in reliance on the representations, supporting information required by Minnesota Statutes, section 127A.42, subdivision 3, and agreements made in this assurance. This assurance is binding on the district and the person or persons whose signatures appear below and who are authorized to sign this assurance on behalf of the district.
The attached form, Information Needed to Evidence Compliance, with this assurance statement is made a part thereof.
|Dated _||By _|
|(President or Chair of School Board)|
|(Clerk of School Board)|
MS s 124.15
17 SR 1279; L 1995 1Sp3 art 16 s 13; L 2003 c 130 s 12
September 26, 2007