Skip to main content Skip to office menu Skip to footer
Capital IconMinnesota Legislature

Office of the Revisor of Statutes

Key: (1) language to be deleted (2) new language

  

                         Laws of Minnesota 1984 

                        CHAPTER 410-H.F.No. 1774
           An act relating to transportation; providing for 
          distribution of town road funds; amending Minnesota 
          Statutes 1983 Supplement, section 162.081, subdivision 
          4.  
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA: 
    Section 1.  Minnesota Statutes 1983 Supplement, section 
162.081, subdivision 4, is amended to read:  
    Subd. 4.  [PURPOSES.] Money apportioned to a county from 
the town road account must be distributed to the treasurer of 
each town within the county, according to a distribution formula 
adopted by the county board.  The formula must take into account 
each town's levy for road and bridge purposes, its population 
and town road mileage, and other factors as the county board 
deems advisable in the interests of achieving equity among the 
towns.  Distribution of town road funds to the treasurer of the 
towns must be made within 30 days of the receipt of the funds by 
the county treasurer at the same time as the first payment is 
made for tax payments received by the county treasurer as 
provided in section 276.11.  Distribution of funds to town 
treasurers in a county which has not adopted a distribution 
formula under this subdivision must be made according to a 
formula prescribed by the commissioner by rule.  A formula 
adopted by a county board or by the commissioner must provide 
that a town, in order to be eligible for distribution of funds 
from the town road account in a calendar year, must have levied 
in the previous year for road and bridge purposes at least two 
mills on the dollar of the assessed value of the town. 
    Money distributed to a town under this subdivision may be 
expended by the town only for the construction and 
reconstruction of town roads within the town. 
    Approved April 19, 1984