(a) A person may not possess night vision or thermal imaging equipment while taking wild animals or while having in possession, either individually or as one of a group of persons, a firearm, bow, or other implement that could be used to take wild animals.
(b) This section does not apply to a firearm that is:
(2) in a gun case expressly made to contain a firearm that fully encloses the firearm by being zipped, snapped, buckled, tied, or otherwise fastened without any portion of the firearm exposed; and
(3) in the closed trunk of a motor vehicle.
(c) This section does not apply to a bow that is:
(1) completely encased or unstrung; and
(2) in the closed trunk of a motor vehicle.
(d) If the motor vehicle under paragraph (b) or (c) does not have a trunk, the firearm or bow must be placed in the rearmost location of the vehicle.
(e) This section does not apply to night vision or thermal imaging equipment possessed by:
(1) peace officers or military personnel while exercising their duties; or
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes