(a) A person may not possess night vision or thermal imaging equipment while taking wild animals or while having in possession, either individually or as one of a group of persons, a firearm, bow, or other implement that could be used to take wild animals.
(b) This section does not apply to a firearm that is:
(2) in a gun case expressly made to contain a firearm that fully encloses the firearm by being zipped, snapped, buckled, tied, or otherwise fastened without any portion of the firearm exposed; and
(3) in the closed trunk of a motor vehicle.
(c) This section does not apply to a bow that is:
(1) completely encased or unstrung; and
(2) in the closed trunk of a motor vehicle.
(d) If the motor vehicle under paragraph (b) or (c) does not have a trunk, the firearm or bow must be placed in the rearmost location of the vehicle.
(e) This section does not apply to night vision, night vision enhanced with an infrared illuminator, or thermal imaging equipment possessed by:
(1) peace officers or military personnel while exercising their duties; or
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes