A person may not possess, import, purchase, sell, propagate, transport, or introduce a prohibited invasive species, except:
(1) under a permit issued by the commissioner under section 84D.11;
(3) under a restricted species permit issued under section 17.457;
(4) when being transported to the department, or another destination as the commissioner may direct, in a sealed container for purposes of identifying the species or reporting the presence of the species;
(5) when being transported for disposal as part of a harvest or control activity when specifically authorized under a permit issued by the commissioner according to section 103G.615, when being transported for disposal as specified under a commercial fishing license issued by the commissioner according to section 97A.418, 97C.801, 97C.811, 97C.825, 97C.831, or 97C.835, or when being transported as specified by the commissioner;
(6) when being removed from watercraft and equipment, or caught while angling, and immediately returned to the water from which they came;
(7) when being transported from riparian property to a legal disposal site that is at least 100 feet from any surface water, ditch, or seasonally flooded land, provided the prohibited invasive species are in a covered commercial vehicle specifically designed and used for hauling trash; or
(8) as the commissioner may otherwise prescribe by rule.