Subdivision 1. Generally.
, the terms defined in this section
have the meanings given them herein, unless the context indicates a different meaning.
Subd. 2. Authority.
"Authority" means an economic development authority.
Subd. 3. City.
"City" means a home rule charter or statutory city.
Subd. 4. Development.
"Development" includes redevelopment, and "developing" includes
Subd. 5. Cost of redevelopment.
"Cost of redevelopment" means, with respect to an
economic development district project, the cost of:
(1) acquiring property, whether by purchase, lease, condemnation, or otherwise;
(2) demolishing or removing structures or other improvements on acquired properties;
(3) correcting soil deficiencies necessary to develop or use the property for an appropriate
use as determined by the authority;
(4) constructing or installing public improvements, including streets, roads, and utilities;
(5) providing relocation benefits to the occupants of acquired properties;
(6) planning, engineering, legal, and other services necessary to carry out the functions
listed in clauses (1) to (5); and
(7) the allocated administrative expenses of the authority for the project.
History: 1987 c 291 s 91