This is a historical version of this statute section. Also view the most recent published version.
For purposes of this section, "CLASS" or "custom local area signaling service" means a custom calling telephone service that is enabled through the installation or use of Signaling System 7 or similar signaling system and that includes at least the following features:
(1) automatic call back;
(2) automatic recall;
(3) calling number delivery, commonly known as "caller identification";
(4) calling number delivery blocking;
(5) customer originated call tracing;
(6) distinctive ringing/call waiting;
(7) selective call acceptance;
(8) selective call forwarding; and
(9) selective call rejection.
By January 1, 1994, the commission shall determine the terms and conditions under which CLASS services may be provided by telephone companies in this state.
Each telephone company that provides local telephone service to persons located in the counties of Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, and Washington shall obtain the capability to offer CLASS services in those counties by January 1, 1995, unless the commission approves an extension to a date certain.
Copyright © 2011 by the Office of the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.