This is a historical version of this statute section. Also view the most recent published version.
171.22 Unlawful acts relating to driver's license.
Subdivision 1. Violations. With regard to any driver's license, including a commercial driver's license, it shall be unlawful for any person:
(1) to display, cause or permit to be displayed, or have in possession, any fictitious or fraudulently altered driver's license or Minnesota identification card;
(2) to lend the person's driver's license or Minnesota identification card to any other person or knowingly permit the use thereof by another;
(3) to display or represent as one's own any driver's license or Minnesota identification card not issued to that person;
(4) to use a fictitious name or date of birth to any police officer or in any application for a driver's license or Minnesota identification card, or to knowingly make a false statement, or to knowingly conceal a material fact, or otherwise commit a fraud in any such application;
(5) to alter any driver's license or Minnesota identification card;
(6) to take any part of the driver's license examination for another or to permit another to take the examination for that person;
(7) to make a counterfeit driver's license or Minnesota identification card;
(8) to use the name and date of birth of another person to any police officer for the purpose of falsely identifying oneself to the police officer; or
(9) to display as a valid driver's license any canceled, revoked, or suspended driver's license. A person whose driving privileges have been withdrawn may display a driver's license only for identification purposes.
Subd. 2. Penalties. Any person who violates subdivision 1, clause (7) or (8), is guilty of a gross misdemeanor. Any person who violates any other provision of subdivision 1 is guilty of a misdemeanor.
HIST: (2720-145g) 1939 c 401 s 22; 1957 c 564 s 5; 1961 c 64 s 1; 1969 c 9 s 33; 1971 c 163 s 1; 1986 c 444; 1988 c 681 s 16; 1989 c 301 s 10; 1989 c 307 s 32; 1993 c 266 s 26; 1994 c 501 s 8; 1994 c 636 art 2 s 5
Copyright © 2005 by the Office of the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.