No housing with services establishment may operate in this state unless a written housing with services contract, as defined in subdivision 2, is executed between the establishment and each resident or resident's representative and unless the establishment operates in accordance with the terms of the contract. The resident or the resident's representative shall be given a complete copy of the contract and all supporting documents and attachments and any changes whenever changes are made.
A housing with services contract, which need not be entitled as such to comply with this section, shall include at least the following elements in itself or through supporting documents or attachments:
(1) the name, street address, and mailing address of the establishment;
(2) the name and mailing address of the owner or owners of the establishment and, if the owner or owners is not a natural person, identification of the type of business entity of the owner or owners;
(3) the name and mailing address of the managing agent, through management agreement or lease agreement, of the establishment, if different from the owner or owners;
(4) the name and address of at least one natural person who is authorized to accept service of process on behalf of the owner or owners and managing agent;
(5) a statement describing the registration and licensure status of the establishment and any provider providing health-related or supportive services under an arrangement with the establishment;
(6) the term of the contract;
(7) a description of the services to be provided to the resident in the base rate to be paid by resident;
(8) a description of any additional services, including home care services, available for an additional fee from the establishment directly or through arrangements with the establishment, and a schedule of fees charged for these services;
(9) a description of the process through which the contract may be modified, amended, or terminated;
(10) a description of the establishment's complaint resolution process available to residents including the toll-free complaint line for the Office of Ombudsman for Long-Term Care;
(11) the resident's designated representative, if any;
(12) the establishment's referral procedures if the contract is terminated;
(13) requirements of residency used by the establishment to determine who may reside or continue to reside in the housing with services establishment;
(14) billing and payment procedures and requirements;
(15) a statement regarding the ability of residents to receive services from service providers with whom the establishment does not have an arrangement;
(16) a statement regarding the availability of public funds for payment for residence or services in the establishment; and
(17) a statement regarding the availability of and contact information for long-term care consultation services under section 256B.0911 in the county in which the establishment is located.
Housing with services contracts and related documents executed by each resident or resident's representative shall be maintained by the establishment in files from the date of execution until three years after the contract is terminated. The contracts and the written disclosures required under section 325F.72, if applicable, shall be made available for on-site inspection by the commissioner upon request at any time.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes