169.34 PROHIBITIONS; STOPPING, PARKING.
(a) No person shall stop, stand, or park a vehicle, except when necessary to avoid conflict
with other traffic or in compliance with the directions of a police officer or traffic-control device,
in any of the following places:
(1) on a sidewalk;
(2) in front of a public or private driveway;
(3) within an intersection;
(4) within ten feet of a fire hydrant;
(5) on a crosswalk;
(6) within 20 feet of a crosswalk at an intersection;
(7) within 30 feet upon the approach to any flashing beacon, stop sign, or traffic-control
signal located at the side of a roadway;
(8) between a safety zone and the adjacent curb or within 30 feet of points on the curb
immediately opposite the ends of a safety zone, unless a different length is indicated by signs or
(9) within 50 feet of the nearest rail of a railroad crossing;
(10) within 20 feet of the driveway entrance to any fire station and on the side of a street
opposite the entrance to any fire station within 75 feet of said entrance when properly signposted;
(11) alongside or opposite any street excavation or obstruction when such stopping, standing,
or parking would obstruct traffic;
(12) on the roadway side of any vehicle stopped or parked at the edge or curb of a street;
(13) upon any bridge or other elevated structure upon a highway or within a highway tunnel,
except as otherwise provided by ordinance;
(14) at any place where official signs prohibit stopping.
(b) No person shall move a vehicle not owned by such person into any prohibited area or
away from a curb such distance as is unlawful.
(c) No person shall, for camping purposes, leave or park a travel trailer on or within the
limits of any highway or on any highway right-of-way, except where signs are erected designating
the place as a campsite.
(d) No person shall stop or park a vehicle on a street or highway when directed or ordered to
proceed by any peace officer invested by law with authority to direct, control, or regulate traffic.
History: (2720-219) 1937 c 464 s 69; Ex1937 c 38 s 1; 1939 c 430 s 13; 1989 c 342 s 16