114D.45 CLEAN WATER LEGACY ACCOUNT.
Subdivision 1. Creation.
The clean water legacy account is created as an account in the
environmental fund. Money in the account must be made available for the implementation of this
chapter and sections
, without supplanting or taking the place
of any other funds which are currently available or may become available from any other source,
whether federal, state, local, or private, for implementation of those sections.
Subd. 2. Sources of revenue.
The following revenues must be deposited in the clean water
(1) money transferred to the account; and
(2) interest accrued on the account.
Subd. 3. Purposes.
Subject to appropriation by the legislature, the clean water legacy
account may be spent for the following purposes:
(1) to provide grants, loans, and technical assistance to public agencies and others who are
participating in the process of identifying impaired waters, developing TMDL's, implementing
restoration plans for impaired waters, and monitoring the effectiveness of restoration;
(2) to support measures to prevent waters from becoming impaired and to improve the
quality of waters that are listed as impaired but do not have an approved TMDL addressing
(3) to provide grants and loans for wastewater and storm water treatment projects through
the Public Facilities Authority;
(4) to support the efforts of public agencies associated with individual sewage treatment
systems and financial assistance for upgrading and replacing the systems; and
(5) to provide funds to state agencies to carry out their responsibilities under this chapter.
History: 2006 c 251 s 9