This is an historical version of this statute chapter. Also view the most recent published version.
171.22 Unlawful acts relating to driver's license.
Subdivision 1. Violations. With regard to any driver's license, including a commercial driver's license, it shall be unlawful for any person:
(1) to display, cause or permit to be displayed, or have in possession, any fictitious or fraudulently altered driver's license or Minnesota identification card;
(2) to lend the person's driver's license or Minnesota identification card to any other person or knowingly permit the use thereof by another;
(3) to display or represent as one's own any driver's license or Minnesota identification card not issued to that person;
(4) to use a fictitious name or date of birth to any police officer or in any application for a driver's license or Minnesota identification card, or to knowingly make a false statement, or to knowingly conceal a material fact, or otherwise commit a fraud in any such application;
(5) to alter any driver's license or Minnesota identification card;
(6) to take any part of the driver's license examination for another or to permit another to take the examination for that person;
(7) to make a counterfeit driver's license or Minnesota identification card;
(8) to use the name and date of birth of another person to any police officer for the purpose of falsely identifying oneself to the police officer; or
(9) to display as a valid driver's license any canceled, revoked, or suspended driver's license. A person whose driving privileges have been withdrawn may display a driver's license only for identification purposes.
Subd. 2. Penalties. Any person who violates subdivision 1, clause (7) or (8), is guilty of a gross misdemeanor. Any person who violates any other provision of subdivision 1 is guilty of a misdemeanor.
HIST: (2720-145g) 1939 c 401 s 22; 1957 c 564 s 5; 1961 c 64 s 1; 1969 c 9 s 33; 1971 c 163 s 1; 1986 c 444; 1988 c 681 s 16; 1989 c 301 s 10; 1989 c 307 s 32; 1993 c 266 s 26; 1994 c 501 s 8; 1994 c 636 art 2 s 5
Copyright © 2005 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.