Section R406.1 is deleted in its entirety.
Section R406.2 is amended to read as follows:
R406.2 Concrete and masonry foundation waterproofing. Exterior foundation walls that retain earth and enclose below grade interior spaces, floors, and crawl spaces shall be waterproofed. Waterproofing shall be installed at a minimum from the top of the footing to the finished grade or in accordance with the manufacturer's installation instructions. Walls shall be waterproofed in accordance with one of the following:
1. 2-ply hot-mopped felts.
2. 55 pound (25 kg) roll roofing.
3. 6-mil (0.15 mm) polyvinyl chloride.
4. 6-mil (0.15 mm) polyethylene.
5. 40-mil (1 mm) polymer-modified asphalt.
6. 60-mil (1.5 mm) flexible polymer cement.
7. 1/8-inch cement based, fiber reinforced, waterproof coating.
8. 60-mil (1.5 mm) solvent free liquid applied synthetic rubber.
Exception: Organic solvent-based products such as hydrocarbons, chlorinated hydrocarbons, ketones, and esters shall not be used for ICF walls with expanded polystyrene form material. Use of plastic roofing cements, acrylic coatings, latex coatings, mortars, and pargings to seal ICF walls is permitted. Cold-setting asphalt or hot asphalt shall conform to Type C of ASTM D 449. Hot asphalt shall be applied at a temperature of less than 200° F (90° C).
All joints in membrane waterproofing shall be lapped and sealed with an adhesive compatible with the membrane.
32 SR 12; L 2007 c 140 art 4 s 61; art 13 s 4; 39 SR 91
January 26, 2015