language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to corrections; requiring that certain information, assistance, services, and medications be provided to inmates upon release from prison; providing identification cards for released inmates; requiring a homelessness mitigation plan and annual reporting on information relating to homelessness;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2020, section 171.06, subdivision 3; proposing coding for new law in Minnesota Statutes, chapter 241.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
(a) An application must:
(1) state the full name, date of birth, sex, and either (i) the residence address of the applicant, or (ii) designated address under section 5B.05;
(2) as may be required by the commissioner, contain a description of the applicant and any other facts pertaining to the applicant, the applicant's driving privileges, and the applicant's ability to operate a motor vehicle with safety;
(i) the applicant's Social Security number; or
(ii) if the applicant does not have a Social Security number and is applying for a Minnesota identification card, instruction permit, or class D provisional or driver's license, that the applicant certifies that the applicant is not eligible for a Social Security number;
(4) contain a notification to the applicant of the availability of a living will/health care directive designation on the license under section 171.07, subdivision 7; and
(5) include a method for the applicant to:
(ii) indicate a desire to make an anatomical gift under paragraph (d);
(iii) as applicable, designate document retention as provided under section 171.12, subdivision 3c; and
(iv) indicate emergency contacts as provided under section 171.12, subdivision 5b.
(b) Applications must be accompanied by satisfactory evidence demonstrating:
(1) identity, date of birth, and any legal name change if applicable; and
(2) for driver's licenses and Minnesota identification cards that meet all requirements of the REAL ID Act:
(i) principal residence address in Minnesota, including application for a change of address, unless the applicant provides a designated address under section 5B.05;
(ii) Social Security number, or related documentation as applicable; and
(iii) lawful status, as defined in Code of Federal Regulations, title 6, section 37.3.
(c) An application for an enhanced driver's license or enhanced identification card must be accompanied by:
(1) satisfactory evidence demonstrating the applicant's full legal name and United States citizenship; and
(2) a photographic identity document.
Presented to the governor May 21, 2021
Signed by the governor May 25, 2021, 8:20 a.m.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes