language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to commerce; modifying requirements for real estate appraiser continuing education;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2020, sections 45.305, subdivision 1, by adding a subdivision; 45.306, by adding a subdivision; 45.33, subdivision 1, by adding a subdivision; 82B.021, by adding subdivisions; 82B.03, by adding a subdivision; 82B.195, by adding a subdivision; proposing coding for new law in Minnesota Statutes, chapter 82B; repealing Minnesota Statutes 2020, section 45.306, subdivision 1.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
The design and delivery of an appraiser prelicense education course or an insurance prelicense education course must be approved by the International Distance Education Certification Center (IDECC) before the course is submitted for the commissioner's approval.
In connection with an approved course, coordinators and instructors must not:
(1) recommend or promote the services or practices of a particular business;
(2) encourage or recruit individuals to engage the services of, or become associated with, a particular business;
(3) use materials, clothing, or other evidences of affiliation with a particular entity;
(4) require students to participate in other programs or services offered by the instructor, coordinator, or education provider;
(5) attempt, either directly or indirectly, to discover questions or answers on an examination for a license;
(6) disseminate to any other person specific questions, problems, or information known or believed to be included in licensing examinations;
(7) misrepresent any information submitted to the commissioner;
(8) fail to cover, or ensure coverage of, all points, issues, and concepts contained in the course outline approved by the commissioner during the approved instruction; and
(9) issue inaccurate course completion certificates.
Presented to the governor May 5, 2021
Signed by the governor May 6, 2021, 2:11 p.m.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes