Key: (1) language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to health; modifying requirements for supervisors of temporary body art technicians;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2018, section 146B.03, by adding a subdivision; repealing Minnesota Statutes 2018, section 146B.02, subdivision 7a.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
(a) A technician must have been licensed in Minnesota or in a jurisdiction with which Minnesota has reciprocity for at least:
(1) two years as a tattoo technician, in order to supervise a temporary tattoo technician; or
(2) one year as a body piercing technician or must have performed at least 500 body piercings, in order to supervise a temporary body piercing technician.
(b) Any technician who agrees to supervise more than two temporary tattoo technicians during the same time period, or more than four body piercing technicians during the same time period, must provide to the commissioner a supervisory plan that describes how the technician will provide supervision to each temporary technician in accordance with section 146B.01, subdivision 28.
(c) The supervisory plan must include, at a minimum:
(1) the areas of practice under supervision;
(2) the anticipated supervision hours per week;
(3) the anticipated duration of the training period; and
(4) the method of providing supervision if there are multiple technicians being supervised during the same time period.
(d) If the supervisory plan is terminated before completion of the technician's supervised practice, the supervisor must notify the commissioner in writing within 14 days of the change in supervision and include an explanation of why the plan was not completed.
(e) The commissioner may refuse to approve as a supervisor a technician who has been disciplined in Minnesota or in another jurisdiction after considering the criteria in section 146B.02, subdivision 10, paragraph (b).
Minnesota Statutes 2018, section 146B.02, subdivision 7a,
Presented to the governor May 17, 2019
Signed by the governor May 17, 2019, 5:50 p.m.