language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to human services; modifying Nonemergency Medical Transportation Advisory Committee membership;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2018, section 256B.0625, subdivision 18d.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
(a) The Nonemergency Medical Transportation Advisory Committee consists of:
(1) four voting members who represent counties, utilizing the rural urban commuting area classification system. As defined in subdivision 17, these members shall be designated as follows:
(i) two counties within the 11-county metropolitan area;
(ii) one county representing the rural area of the state; and
(iii) one county representing the super rural area of the state.
The Association of Minnesota Counties shall appoint one county within the 11-county metropolitan area and one county representing the super rural area of the state. The Minnesota Inter-County Association shall appoint one county within the 11-county metropolitan area and one county representing the rural area of the state;
(2) three voting members who represent medical assistance recipients, including persons with physical and developmental disabilities, persons with mental illness, seniors, children, and low-income individuals;
(3) deleted text beginfourdeleted text endnew text beginnew text end voting members who represent providers that deliver nonemergency medical transportation services to medical assistance enrolleesnew text beginnew text end;
(4) two voting members of the house of representatives, one from the majority party and one from the minority party, appointed by the speaker of the house, and two voting members from the senate, one from the majority party and one from the minority party, appointed by the Subcommittee on Committees of the Committee on Rules and Administration;
(5) one voting member who represents demonstration providers as defined in section 256B.69, subdivision 2;
(6) one voting member who represents an organization that contracts with state or local governments to coordinate transportation services for medical assistance enrollees;
(7) one voting member who represents the Minnesota State Council on Disability;
(8) the commissioner of transportation or the commissioner's designee, who shall serve as a voting member;
(9) one voting member appointed by the Minnesota Ambulance Association; and
(10) one voting member appointed by the Minnesota Hospital Association.
(b) Members of the advisory committee shall not be employed by the Department of Human Services. Members of the advisory committee shall receive no compensation.
Presented to the governor May 22, 2019
Signed by the governor May 22, 2019, 1:48 p.m.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes