language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to health; modifying requirements for the volunteer health care provider program;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2018, section 214.40, subdivision 3.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
To participate in the program established in subdivision 2, a health care facility or organization must register with the administrative services unit on forms provided by the administrative services unit and must meet the following requirements:
(1) be licensed to the extent required by law or regulation;
(2) provide evidence that the provision of health care services to the uninsured and underinsured is the primary purpose of the facility or organization;
(3) certify that it maintains adequate general liability and professional liability insurance for program staff other than the volunteer health care provider or is properly and adequately self-insured;
(4) agree to report annually to the administrative services unit the number of volunteers, number of volunteer hours provided, number of patients seen by volunteer providers, and types of services provided; and
(5) agree to pay to the administrative services unit an annual participation fee of $50. All fees collected are deposited into the state government special revenue fund and are appropriated to the administrative services unit for purposes of administering the program.
Presented to the governor May 22, 2019
Signed by the governor May 22, 2019, 1:43 p.m.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes