language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to agriculture; expanding a disaster recovery loan program; providing a retroactive effective date;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2018, section 41B.047, subdivisions 1, 3.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
The authority shall establish and implement a disaster recovery loan program to help farmers:
(1) clean up, repair, or replace farm structures and septic and water systems, as well as replace seed, other crop inputs, feed, and livestock, when damaged by high winds, hail, tornado, or flood;
(2) purchase watering systems, irrigation systems, and other drought mitigation systems and practices when drought is the cause of the purchase;
(3) restore farmland; or
(4) replace flocks, make building improvements, or cover the loss of revenue when the replacement, improvements, or loss of revenue is due to the confirmed presence of the highly pathogenic avian influenza in a commercial poultry or game flock located in Minnesota.
To be eligible for this program, a borrower must:
(1) meet the requirements of section 41B.03, subdivision 1;
(2) certify that the damage or loss was (i) sustained within a county that was the subject of a state or federal disaster declaration or (ii) due to the confirmed presence of the highly pathogenic avian influenza in a commercial poultry or game flock located in Minnesota;
(3) demonstrate an ability to repay the loan; and
(4) have received at least 50 percent of average annual gross income from farming for the past three years.
Presented to the governor March 18, 2019
Signed by the governor March 18, 2019, 1:16 p.m.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes