language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to human services; postponing the expiration date of the Traumatic Brain Injury Advisory Committee, the American Indian Advisory Council, the Formulary Committee, and the American Indian Child Welfare Advisory Council;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2016, sections 254A.035, subdivision 2; 256B.0625, subdivision 13c; 256B.093, subdivision 1; 260.835, subdivision 2.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
The membership of this council shall be composed of 17 persons who are American Indians and who are appointed by the commissioner. The commissioner shall appoint one representative from each of the following groups: Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians; Fond du Lac Band, Minnesota Chippewa Tribe; Grand Portage Band, Minnesota Chippewa Tribe; Leech Lake Band, Minnesota Chippewa Tribe; Mille Lacs Band, Minnesota Chippewa Tribe; Bois Forte Band, Minnesota Chippewa Tribe; White Earth Band, Minnesota Chippewa Tribe; Lower Sioux Indian Reservation; Prairie Island Sioux Indian Reservation; Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Indian Reservation; Upper Sioux Indian Reservation; International Falls Northern Range; Duluth Urban Indian Community; and two representatives from the Minneapolis Urban Indian Community and two from the St. Paul Urban Indian Community. The terms, compensation, and removal of American Indian Advisory Council members shall be as provided in section 15.059. The council expires June 30, 2018.
The commissioner, after receiving recommendations from professional medical associations and professional pharmacy associations, and consumer groups shall designate a Formulary Committee to carry out duties as described in subdivisions 13 to 13g. The Formulary Committee shall be comprised of four licensed physicians actively engaged in the practice of medicine in Minnesota one of whom must be actively engaged in the treatment of persons with mental illness; at least three licensed pharmacists actively engaged in the practice of pharmacy in Minnesota; and one consumer representative; the remainder to be made up of health care professionals who are licensed in their field and have recognized knowledge in the clinically appropriate prescribing, dispensing, and monitoring of covered outpatient drugs. Members of the Formulary Committee shall not be employed by the Department of Human Services, but the committee shall be staffed by an employee of the department who shall serve as an ex officio, nonvoting member of the committee. The department's medical director shall also serve as an ex officio, nonvoting member for the committee. Committee members shall serve three-year terms and may be reappointed by the commissioner. The Formulary Committee shall meet at least twice per year. The commissioner may require more frequent Formulary Committee meetings as needed. An honorarium of $100 per meeting and reimbursement for mileage shall be paid to each committee member in attendance. The Formulary Committee expires June 30, 2018.
The commissioner of human services shall:
(1) maintain a statewide traumatic brain injury program;
(2) supervise and coordinate services and policies for persons with traumatic brain injuries;
(3) contract with qualified agencies or employ staff to provide statewide administrative case management and consultation;
(4) maintain an advisory committee to provide recommendations in reports to the commissioner regarding program and service needs of persons with brain injuries;
(5) investigate the need for the development of rules or statutes for the brain injury home and community-based services waiver;
(6) investigate present and potential models of service coordination which can be delivered at the local level; and
(7) The advisory committee required by clause (4) must consist of no fewer than ten members and no more than 30 members. The commissioner shall appoint all advisory committee members to one- or two-year terms and appoint one member as chair. The advisory committee does not terminate until June 30, 2018.
The American Indian Child Welfare Advisory Council expires June 30, 2018.
Presented to the governor May 16, 2018
Signed by the governor May 19, 2018, 4:44 p.m.
Copyright © 2018 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.