language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to health; creating an exemption from the practice of dentistry for certain dental students;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2016, section 150A.05, subdivision 2.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
(1) the practice of dentistry or dental hygiene in any branch of the armed services of the United States, the United States Public Health Service, or the United States Veterans Administration;
(2) the practice of dentistry, dental hygiene, or dental assisting by undergraduate dental students, dental therapy students, dental hygiene students, and dental assisting students of the University of Minnesota, schools of dental hygiene, schools with a dental therapy education program, or schools of dental assisting approved by the board, when acting under the indirect supervision of a Minnesota licensed dentist and under the instruction of a licensed dentist, licensed dental therapist, licensed dental hygienist, or licensed dental assistant;
(3) the practice of dentistry by licensed dentists of other states or countries while appearing as clinicians under the auspices of a duly approved dental school or college, or a reputable dental society, or a reputable dental study club composed of dentists;
(5) the practice of dentistry by dentists and dental hygienists licensed by other states during their functioning as examiners responsible for conducting licensure examinations administered by regional and national testing agencies with whom the board is authorized to affiliate and participate under section 150A.03, subdivision 1, and the practice of dentistry by the regional and national testing agencies during their administering examinations pursuant to section 150A.03, subdivision 1;
(6) the use of x-rays or other diagnostic imaging modalities for making radiographs or other similar records in a hospital under the supervision of a physician or dentist or by a person who is credentialed to use diagnostic imaging modalities or x-ray machines for dental treatment, roentgenograms, or dental diagnostic purposes by a credentialing agency other than the Board of Dentistry; or
(7) the service, other than service performed directly upon the person of a patient, of constructing, altering, repairing, or duplicating any denture, partial denture, crown, bridge, splint, orthodontic, prosthetic, or other dental appliance, when performed according to a written work order from a licensed dentist or a licensed advanced dental therapist in accordance with section 150A.10, subdivision 3.
Presented to the governor March 30, 2017
Signed by the governor April 3, 2017, 12:09 p.m.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes