language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to civil law; requiring certificates of dissolution; adding requirements to the certificate of dissolution form;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2014, section 518.148.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
An attorney or pro se party may prepare and submit to The court a separate certificate of dissolution to be attached to the judgment and decree at the time of granting the dissolution of marriage. Upon approval by the court and filing of the certificate of dissolution with the court administrator, the court administrator shall provide to any party upon request certified copies of the certificate of dissolution.
The certificate shall include the following information:
(1) the full caption and file number of the case and the title "Certificate of Dissolution";
(2) the names and any prior or other names of the parties to the dissolution;
(3) the names of any living minor or dependent children as identified in the judgment and decree;
(4) that the marriage of the parties is dissolved;
(5) the date of the judgment and decree; and
(6) the Social Security number of the parties to the dissolution and the Social Security number of any living minor or dependent children identified in the judgment and decree.
The certificate of dissolution shall be conclusive evidence of the facts recited in the certificate.
Presented to the governor May 16, 2015
Signed by the governor May 19, 2015, 3:58 p.m.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes