language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to notaries public; increasing maximum fees permitted to be charged by notaries public;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2012, section 357.17.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
The maximum fees to be charged and collected by a notary public shall be as follows:
(1) for protest of nonpayment of note or bill of exchange or of nonacceptance of such bill; where protest is legally necessary, and copy thereof, $1;
(2) for every other protest and copy, $1;
(3) for making and serving every notice of nonpayment of note or nonacceptance of bill and copy thereof, $1;
(4) for any affidavit or paper for which provision is not made herein, $1 per folio, and 20 cents per folio for copies;
(5) for each oath administered, $1;
(6) for acknowledgments of deeds and for other services authorized by law, the legal fees allowed other officers for like services;
(7) for recording each instrument required by law to be recorded by the notary, $1 per folio.
Presented to the governor May 17, 2014
Signed by the governor May 21, 2014, 10:27 a.m.