language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to metropolitan planning activities; extending the sunset date of the Metropolitan Area Water Supply Advisory Committee;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2012, section 473.1565, subdivision 2.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
(a) A Metropolitan Area Water Supply Advisory Committee is established to assist the council in its planning activities in subdivision 1. The advisory committee has the following membership:
(1) the commissioner of agriculture or the commissioner's designee;
(2) the commissioner of health or the commissioner's designee;
(3) the commissioner of natural resources or the commissioner's designee;
(4) the commissioner of the Pollution Control Agency or the commissioner's designee;
(5) two officials of counties that are located in the metropolitan area, appointed by the governor;
(6) five officials of noncounty local governmental units that are located in the metropolitan area, appointed by the governor;
(7) the chair of the Metropolitan Council or the chair's designee, who is chair of the advisory committee; and
(8) one official each from the counties of Chisago, Isanti, Sherburne, and Wright, appointed by the governor.
A local government unit in each of the seven counties in the metropolitan area and Chisago, Isanti, Sherburne, and Wright Counties must be represented in the 11 appointments made under clauses (5), (6), and (8).
(b) Members of the advisory committee appointed by the governor serve at the pleasure of the governor. Members of the advisory committee serve without compensation but may be reimbursed for their reasonable expenses as determined by the Metropolitan Council. The advisory committee expires December 31, 2012.
(c) The council must consider the work and recommendations of the advisory committee when the council is preparing its regional development framework.
Presented to the governor April 19, 2013
Signed by the governor April 22, 2013, 11:22 a.m.