Key: (1) language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to claims against the state; providing for settlement of certain claims; appropriating money.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
The amounts in this section are appropriated from the general fund to the commissioner of corrections in fiscal year 2014 for full and final payment under Minnesota Statutes, sections 3.738 and 3.739, of claims against the state for losses suffered while incarcerated in a state correctional facility or for injuries suffered by and medical services provided to persons injured while performing community service or sentence-to-service work for correctional purposes or while incarcerated in a state correctional facility. This appropriation is available until June 30, 2014:
(1) for sentence-to-service and community work service claims under $500 and other claims already paid by the department, $3,701.60;
(2) for payment to Terrance Dumont for permanent injuries to his head while performing assigned duties at Minnesota Correctional Facility - Stillwater, $1,500;
(3) for payment to Kent Richard Jones for permanent injuries to his back while performing assigned duties at Minnesota Correctional Facility - Stillwater, $5,250;
(4) for payment to medical providers for treatment of Jodi McCoy, who was injured while performing sentence-to-service work in Washington County, $1,794.05; and
(5) for payment to Marijo Muck for permanent injuries to her left rotator cuff while performing assigned duties at Minnesota Correctional Facility - Shakopee, $8,505.
Presented to the governor May 22, 2013
Signed by the governor May 24, 2013, 2:26 p.m.