language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to human services; modifying advisory council provisions;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2010, sections 254A.035, subdivision 2; 254A.04; 256B.093, subdivision 1; 260.835, subdivision 2.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
The membership of this council shall be composed of 17 persons who are American Indians and who are appointed by the commissioner. The commissioner shall appoint one representative from each of the following groups: Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians; Fond du Lac Band, Minnesota Chippewa Tribe; Grand Portage Band, Minnesota Chippewa Tribe; Leech Lake Band, Minnesota Chippewa Tribe; Mille Lacs Band, Minnesota Chippewa Tribe; Bois Forte Band, Minnesota Chippewa Tribe; White Earth Band, Minnesota Chippewa Tribe; Lower Sioux Indian Reservation; Prairie Island Sioux Indian Reservation; Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Indian Reservation; Upper Sioux Indian Reservation; International Falls Northern Range; Duluth Urban Indian Community; and two representatives from the Minneapolis Urban Indian Community and two from the St. Paul Urban Indian Community. The terms, compensation, and removal of American Indian Advisory Council members shall be as provided in section 15.059. The council expires June 30, 2012.
There is hereby created an Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Advisory Council to advise the Department of Human Services concerning the problems of alcohol and other drug dependency and abuse, composed of ten members. Five members shall be individuals whose interests or training are in the field of alcohol dependency and abuse; and five members whose interests or training are in the field of dependency and abuse of drugs other than alcohol. The terms, compensation and removal of members shall be as provided in section 15.059. The council expires June 30, 2012. The commissioner of human services shall appoint members whose terms end in even-numbered years. The commissioner of health shall appoint members whose terms end in odd-numbered years.
The commissioner of human services shall:
(1) maintain a statewide traumatic brain injury program;
(2) supervise and coordinate services and policies for persons with traumatic brain injuries;
(3) contract with qualified agencies or employ staff to provide statewide administrative case management and consultation;
(4) maintain an advisory committee to provide recommendations in reports to the commissioner regarding program and service needs of persons with traumatic brain injuries;
(5) investigate the need for the development of rules or statutes for the traumatic brain injury home and community-based services waiver;
(6) investigate present and potential models of service coordination which can be delivered at the local level; and
(7) the advisory committee required by clause (4) must consist of no fewer than ten members and no more than 30 members. The commissioner shall appoint all advisory committee members to one- or two-year terms and appoint one member as chair. Notwithstanding section 15.059, subdivision 5, the advisory committee does not terminate until June 30, 2012.
Notwithstanding section 15.059, subdivision 5, the American Indian Child Welfare Advisory Council expires June 30, 2012.
Presented to the governor April 30, 2012
Signed by the governor May 3, 2012, 3:14 p.m.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes