language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to human services; expanding the definition of services available under medical assistance for disabled children's services;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2008, section 252.27, subdivision 1a.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
A "related condition" is a condition that is found to be closely related to developmental disability, including, but not limited to, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism, and Prader-Willi syndrome and that meets all of the following criteria:
(1) is severe and chronic;
(2) results in impairment of general intellectual functioning or adaptive behavior similar to that of persons with developmental disabilities;
(3) requires treatment or services similar to those required for persons with developmental disabilities;
(4) is manifested before the person reaches 22 years of age;
(5) is likely to continue indefinitely;
(6) results in substantial functional limitations in three or more of the following areas of major life activity: (i) self-care, (ii) understanding and use of language, (iii) learning, (iv) mobility, (v) self-direction, (vi) capacity for independent living; and
Presented to the governor May 20, 2009
Signed by the governor May 21, 2009, 5:07 p.m.