language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to occupations and professions; creating licensing standards for full-time firefighters; modifying restricted plumber license requirements; establishing fees;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2008, sections 299N.02, subdivision 3; 326B.475, subdivision 1; proposing coding for new law in Minnesota Statutes, chapter 299N.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
(a) The board shall:
(1) review fire service training needs and make recommendations on training to Minnesota fire service organizations;
(2) establish standards for educational programs for the fire service and develop procedures for continuing oversight of the programs; and
(3) establish qualifications for fire service training instructors in programs established under clause (2)
(b) The board may:
(1) hire or contract for technical or professional services according to section 15.061;
(2) pay expenses necessary to carry out its duties;
(3) apply for, receive, and accept grants, gifts, devises, and endowments that any entity may make to the board for the purposes of this chapter and may use any money given to it consistent with the terms and conditions under which the money was received and for the purposes stated;
(4) make recommendations to the legislature to improve the quality of firefighter training;
(5) collect and provide data, subject to section 13.03;
(6) conduct studies and surveys and make reports; and
(7) conduct other activities necessary to carry out its duties.
(a) The commissioner of labor and industry shall grant a restricted journeyman or restricted master plumber license to an individual if:
(1) the individual completes an application with information required by the commissioner of labor and industry;
(2) the completed application is accompanied by a fee of $30;
(3) the commissioner of labor and industry receives the completed application and fee before October 1, 2008;
(4) the completed application for a restricted journeyman plumber license demonstrates that, prior to the application, the applicant has had at least two years of practical plumbing experience in the plumbing trade; and
(5) the completed application for a restricted master plumber license demonstrates that, prior to the application, the applicant has had:
(i) at least four years of practical plumbing experience in the plumbing trade; or
(ii) at least two years of practical plumbing experience as a plumbing contractor in the plumbing trade.
(b) Until October 1, 2008, the commissioner may waive penalties for an applicant who failed to post a bond after June 30, 1999, under section 326B.46, subdivision 2, if the commissioner finds that the penalty would cause undue hardship or the waiver is otherwise warranted under the circumstances.
Presented to the governor May 20, 2009
Signed by the governor May 22, 2009, 7:47 a.m.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes