language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to occupations; modifying effective dates for restricted plumber licenses;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2007 Supplement, section 326.402, subdivisions 1, 3.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
The commissioner of labor and industry shall grant a restricted journeyman or restricted master plumber license to an individual if:
(1) the individual completes an application with information required by the commissioner of labor and industry;
(2) the completed application is accompanied by a fee of $30;
(3) the commissioner of labor and industry receives the completed application and fee before January 1, 2008;
(4) the completed application demonstrates that the applicant has had at least two years for a restricted journeyman plumber license or four years for a restricted master plumber license of practical plumbing experience in the plumbing trade prior to the application; and
(5) during the entire time for which the applicant is claiming experience in contracting for plumbing work under clause (4), the applicant was in compliance with all applicable bond requirements of section 326.40
Applications for restricted master plumber and restricted journeyman plumber licenses must be submitted to the commissioner prior to January 1, 2008.
Presented to the governor May 5, 2008
Signed by the governor May 8, 2008, 9:53 a.m.