language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to crimes; including false police and fire emergency calls as misdemeanor offense;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2006, section 609.78, subdivision 1.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
Whoever does the following is guilty of a misdemeanor:
(1) refuses to relinquish immediately a coin-operated telephone or a telephone line consisting of two or more stations when informed that the line is needed to make an emergency call;
(2) secures a relinquishment of a coin-operated telephone or a telephone line consisting of two or more stations by falsely stating that the line is needed for an emergency;
(3) publishes telephone directories to be used for telephones or telephone lines and the directories do not contain a copy of this section;
(4) makes a call for emergency medical or ambulance service, knowing that no medical emergency exists; or
(5) interrupts, disrupts, impedes, or otherwise interferes with the transmission of a citizen's band radio channel communication the purpose of which is to inform or inquire about a medical emergency or an emergency in which property is or is reasonably believed to be in imminent danger of damage or destruction.
Presented to the governor May 2, 2008
Signed by the governor May 4, 2008, 3:34 p.m.