language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to finance; authorizing transfer of appropriations within the Help America Vote Act account;
amending Laws 2005, chapter 162, section 34, subdivision 6.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
$3,000,000 is appropriated from the Help America Vote Act account to the secretary of state for the following purposes, to be available until June 30, 2007:
(1) $1,218,000 to maintain the statewide voter registration system and to develop the capacity to handle registration and election transactions at the polling place;
(2) $20,000 to verify voter registration data against the Department of Public Safety driver's license and Social Security number database;
(3) $200,000 to make the statewide voter registration system available for use by local election officials;
(4) $440,000 to assist local election officials using the statewide voter registration system;
(5) $79,000 to develop and operate the system for matching Social Security numbers against driver's license records;
(6) $83,000 for the state court administrator to automate the interchange of information between the state courts and the statewide voter registration system;
(7) $200,000 to administer implementation of the Help America Vote Act and to audit the grants to counties and municipalities under this section;
(8) $120,000 to process complaints received under Minnesota Statutes, section 200.04;
(9) $40,000 to establish the state voting systems contracts required by new Minnesota Statutes, section 206.805, and to administer the grants to counties and municipalities under this section;
(10) $200,000 to train local election officials on the use, maintenance, and implementation of the new electronic voting systems purchased with the appropriations in this section; and
(11) $400,000 to educate voters on how to vote using the new electronic voting systems purchased with the appropriations in this section.
Presented to the governor March 12, 2007
Signed by the governor March 14, 2007, 11:50 a.m.