Key: (1) language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to Scott County; authorizing adoption of personnel rules; modifying veterans' preference.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
Notwithstanding any other law to the contrary, the Scott County personnel director shall prepare personnel rules, which shall be effective upon approval by the Scott County Board. The rules shall provide, among other things, for:
(1) preparation of a classification plan and classification of positions within the jurisdiction of the personnel department in accordance with the plan;
(2) creation and maintenance of applicant pools and finalist pools;
(3) administration of an active system of employee recruitment and selection designed to attract sufficient numbers of well-qualified people to meet the needs of public service;
(4) establishment of procedures for the recruitment, selection, and advancement of personnel consistent with merit system principles and modern business practices;
(5) establishment of procedures ensuring nondiscriminatory and fair treatment of applicants and employees in all aspects of personnel administration according to state law; and
(6) establishment of procedures for suspension or termination or other disciplinary action, including procedures for appeal of actions by appointing authorities with respect to suspension or termination or other disciplinary action.
Notwithstanding Minnesota Statutes, section 197.455, veterans' preference in Scott County must be administered according to Minnesota Statutes, section 43A.11.
Presented to the governor April 26, 2007
Signed by the governor April 30, 2007, 2:45 p.m.