language to be deleted (2) new language
relating to legislature; regulating the Legislative Audit Commission;
amending Minnesota Statutes 2004, section 3.97, subdivision 2; repealing Minnesota Statutes 2004, sections 3.97, subdivision 3; 3.979, subdivision 5.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA:
The Legislative Audit Commission consists of:
(1) the majority leader of the senate and the president of the senate or their designees;
(2) the chair of the senate Committee on Governmental Operations and reform or a designee who is a member of the committee;
(3) a chair of a senate Committee on Finance designated by the majority leader;
(4) four members of the senate appointed by the senate minority leader;
(5) the speaker of the house and the chair of the house Committee on Rules or their designees;
(6) the chair of the house Committee on Governmental Operations and Gaming or a designee who is a member of the committee;
(7) the chair of the house Ways and Means Committee or a designee who is a member of the committee; and
(8) four members of the house appointed by the house minority leader.
The appointed members of the commission shall serve for a term commencing upon appointment and expiring at the opening of the next regular session of the legislature in the odd-numbered year and until a successor is appointed. A vacancy in the membership of the commission shall be filled for the unexpired term in a manner that will preserve the representation established by this subdivision.
The commission shall meet in January of each odd-numbered year to elect its chair and other officers as it may determine necessary. A chair shall serve a two-year term, expiring on January 1 in the odd-numbered year following election, and until a successor is elected. The chair shall alternate biennially between the senate and the house. The commission shall meet at the call of the chair or the executive secretary. The members shall serve without compensation but be reimbursed for their reasonable expenses as members of the legislature. The commission may exercise the powers prescribed by section 3.153.
Presented to the governor May 22, 2006
Signed by the governor May 31, 2006, 10:45 p.m.
Copyright © 2006 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.