language to be deleted (2) new language
Laws of Minnesota 1993 CHAPTER 199-S.F.No. 1380 An act relating to commerce; regulating heavy and utility equipment dealership agreements; including truck parts within the scope of coverage; defining terms; amending Minnesota Statutes 1992, section 325E.068, subdivision 2, and by adding subdivisions. BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA: Section 1. Minnesota Statutes 1992, section 325E.068, subdivision 2, is amended to read: Subd. 2. [HEAVY AND UTILITY EQUIPMENT.] "Heavy and utility equipment," "heavy equipment," or "equipment" means equipment and parts for equipment including but not limited to: (1) excavators, crawler tractors, wheel loaders, compactors, pavers, backhoes, hydraulic hammers, cranes, fork lifts, compressors, generators, attachments and repair parts for them, and other equipment, including attachments and repair parts, used in all types of construction of buildings, highways, airports, dams, or other earthen structures or in moving, stock piling, or distribution of materials used in such construction
, excluding self-propelled machines designed primarily for the transportation of persons or property on a street or highway; or (2) trucks and truck parts. Sec. 2. Minnesota Statutes 1992, section 325E.068, is amended by adding a subdivision to read: Subd. 6. [TRUCK.] "Truck" means a motor vehicle designed and used for carrying things other than passengers, a truck tractor as defined in section 168.011, subdivision 12, and a semitrailer as defined in section 168.011, subdivision 14. "Truck" does not include a pickup truck or van with a manufacturer's nominal rated carrying capacity of three-fourths ton or less. Sec. 3. Minnesota Statutes 1992, section 325E.068, is amended by adding a subdivision to read: Subd. 7. [TRUCK PARTS.] "Truck parts" means all integral and body parts of a truck, the removal, alteration, or substitution of which would substantially alter its appearance, model, type, or mode of operation. Presented to the governor May 12, 1993 Signed by the governor May 14, 1993, 10:05 p.m.