Skip to main content Skip to office menu Skip to footer
Capital IconMinnesota Legislature

Office of the Revisor of Statutes

Key: (1) language to be deleted (2) new language

  

                         Laws of Minnesota 1989 

                        CHAPTER 111-H.F.No. 1498 
           An act relating to telecommunications devices for 
          communication-impaired people; requiring the 
          metropolitan airports commission and certain bus 
          stations to provide telecommunications devices for 
          communication-impaired people; amending Minnesota 
          Statutes 1988, section 473.608, by adding a 
          subdivision; proposing coding for new law in Minnesota 
          Statutes, chapter 256C. 
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA: 
    Section 1.  [256C.29] [COMMUNICATIONS DEVICES REQUIRED IN 
BUS TERMINALS.] 
    The operator of a bus terminal in the city of Minneapolis 
or St. Paul that serves intercity buses, defined in section 
168.011, subdivision 9, shall provide, in public areas in the 
terminal, public pay telephones with telecommunications devices, 
commonly known as "TDD's," that permit a communication-impaired 
person to communicate with others by telephone.  The operator 
shall place signs at strategic locations in and about the 
terminal indicating where the telephones are available. 
    Sec. 2.  Minnesota Statutes 1988, section 473.608, is 
amended by adding a subdivision to read: 
    Subd. 22.  The commission shall provide, in public areas at 
the international airport, public pay telephones with 
telecommunications devices, commonly known as "TDD's," that 
permit a communication-impaired person to communicate with 
others by telephone.  The commission shall provide one such 
telephone on each concourse of the main terminal, one in the 
main ticketing area of the main terminal, and one in the 
Humphrey Terminal.  The commission shall place signs at 
strategic locations in and about the terminals indicating where 
the telephones are available. 
    Presented to the governor May 5, 1989 
    Signed by the governor May 9, 1989, 6:14 p.m.