(1) manufactured home installers are not subject to the continuing education requirements of sections 326B.0981, 326B.099, and 326B.821, but are subject to the continuing education requirements established in rules adopted under section 327B.10;
(2) the examination requirement of section 326B.83, subdivision 3, for manufactured home installers shall be satisfied by successful completion of a written examination administered and developed specifically for the examination of manufactured home installers. The examination must be administered and developed by the commissioner. The commissioner and the state building official shall seek advice on the grading, monitoring, and updating of examinations from the Minnesota Manufactured Housing Association;
(3) a local government unit may not place a surcharge on a license fee, and may not charge a separate fee to installers;
(5) the exemption under section 326B.805, subdivision 6, clause (5), does not apply; and
(6) manufactured home installers are not subject to the contractor recovery fund in section 326B.89.
(b) The commissioner may waive all or part of the requirements for licensure as a manufactured home installer for any individual who holds an unexpired license or certificate issued by any other state or other United States jurisdiction if the licensing requirements of that jurisdiction meet or exceed the corresponding licensing requirements of the department and the individual complies with section 326B.092, subdivisions 1 and 3 to 7. For the purposes of calculating fees under section 326B.092, licensure as a manufactured home installer is a business license.