This is a historical version of this statute chapter. Also view the most recent published version.
145.4131 Recording and reporting abortion data.
Subdivision 1. Forms. (a) Within 90 days of July 1, 1998, the commissioner shall prepare a reporting form for use by physicians or facilities performing abortions. A copy of this section shall be attached to the form. A physician or facility performing an abortion shall obtain a form from the commissioner.
(b) The form shall require the following information:
(1) the number of abortions performed by the physician in the previous calendar year, reported by month;
(2) the method used for each abortion;
(3) the approximate gestational age expressed in one of the following increments:
(i) less than nine weeks;
(ii) nine to ten weeks;
(iii) 11 to 12 weeks;
(iv) 13 to 15 weeks;
(v) 16 to 20 weeks;
(vi) 21 to 24 weeks;
(vii) 25 to 30 weeks;
(viii) 31 to 36 weeks; or
(ix) 37 weeks to term;
(4) the age of the woman at the time the abortion was performed;
(5) the specific reason for the abortion, including, but not limited to, the following:
(i) the pregnancy was a result of rape;
(ii) the pregnancy was a result of incest;
(iii) economic reasons;
(iv) the woman does not want children at this time;
(v) the woman's emotional health is at stake;
(vi) the woman's physical health is at stake;
(vii) the woman will suffer substantial and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function if the pregnancy continues;
(viii) the pregnancy resulted in fetal anomalies; or
(ix) unknown or the woman refused to answer;
(6) the number of prior induced abortions;
(7) the number of prior spontaneous abortions;
(8) whether the abortion was paid for by:
(i) private coverage;
(ii) public assistance health coverage; or
(9) whether coverage was under:
(i) a fee-for-service plan;
(ii) a capitated private plan; or
(10) complications, if any, for each abortion and for the aftermath of each abortion. Space for a description of any complications shall be available on the form; and
(11) the medical specialty of the physician performing the abortion.
Subd. 2. Submission. A physician performing an abortion or a facility at which an abortion is performed shall complete and submit the form to the commissioner no later than April 1 for abortions performed in the previous calendar year. The annual report to the commissioner shall include the methods used to dispose of fetal tissue and remains.
Subd. 3. Additional reporting. Nothing in this section shall be construed to preclude the voluntary or required submission of other reports or forms regarding abortions.
HIST: 1998 c 407 art 10 s 2
Copyright © 2005 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.