This is an historical version of this statute chapter. Also view the most recent published version.
The commissioner shall, as provided in this chapter, classify nonnative species of aquatic plants and wild animals according to the following categories:
(1) prohibited invasive species, which may not be possessed, imported, purchased, sold, propagated, transported, or introduced except as provided in section 84D.05;
(2) regulated invasive species, which may not be introduced except as provided in section 84D.07;
(3) unlisted nonnative species, which are subject to the classification procedure in section 84D.06; and
(4) unregulated nonnative species, which are not subject to regulation under this chapter.
The commissioner shall consider the following criteria in classifying a nonnative species of aquatic plants or wild animals under this chapter:
(1) the likelihood of introduction of the species if it is allowed to enter or exist in the state;
(2) the likelihood that the species would naturalize in the state were it introduced;
(3) the magnitude of potential adverse impacts of the species on native species and on outdoor recreation, commercial fishing, and other uses of natural resources in the state;
(4) the ability to eradicate or control the spread of the species once it is introduced in the state; and
(5) other criteria the commissioner deems appropriate.
Copyright © 2016 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.