97C.391 BUYING AND SELLING FISH.
Subdivision 1. General restrictions.
A person may not buy or sell fish taken from the
waters of this state, except:
(2) rough fish excluding ciscoes;
(3) smelt taken from Lake Superior and rivers and streams that flow into Lake Superior;
(4) fish taken under licensed commercial fishing operations;
(5) fish that are private aquatic life; and
(6) fish lawfully taken and subject to sale from other states and countries.
Subd. 2. Restrictions on certain game fish.
Largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, rock
bass, muskellunge, and sunfish may be bought or sold by a private hatchery or aquatic farm, or
as prescribed by the commissioner.
History: 1986 c 386 art 3 s 40; 1987 c 318 s 8; 1992 c 566 s 21; 1993 c 231 s 59