256.9655 PAYMENTS TO MEDICAL PROVIDERS.
Subdivision 1. Duties of commissioner.
The commissioner shall establish procedures to
analyze and correct problems associated with medical care claims preparation and processing
under the medical assistance, general assistance medical care, and MinnesotaCare programs. At a
minimum, the commissioner shall:
(1) designate a full-time position as a liaison between the Department of Human Services
(2) analyze impediments to timely processing of claims, provide information and
consultation to providers, and develop methods to resolve or reduce problems;
(3) provide to each acute care hospital a quarterly listing of claims received and identify
claims that have been suspended and the reason the claims were suspended;
(4) provide education and information on reasons for rejecting and suspending claims and
identify methods that would avoid multiple submissions of claims; and
(5) for each acute care hospital, identify and prioritize claims that are in jeopardy of
exceeding time factors that eliminate payment.
Subd. 2. Electronic claim submission.
Medical providers designated by the commissioner
of human services are permitted to purchase authorized materials through commodity contracts
administered by the commissioner of administration for the purpose of submitting electronic
claims to the medical programs designated in subdivision 1. Providers so designated must be
actively enrolled and participating in the medical programs and must sign a hardware purchase
and electronic biller agreement with the commissioner of human services prior to purchase from
History: 1988 c 689 art 2 s 138; 1992 c 513 art 7 s 14; 1995 c 234 art 8 s 56