Skip to main content Skip to office menu Skip to footer
Capital IconMinnesota Legislature

Office of the Revisor of Statutes

    Subdivision 1. Supervision of program. The commissioner of human services shall
supervise the food stamp program to aid administration of the food stamp program by local
social services agencies pursuant to section 393.07, subdivision 10, to promote excellence of
administration and program operation, and to ensure compliance with all federal laws and
regulations so that all eligible persons are able to participate.
    Subd. 2. Waivers. The commissioner of human services shall apply to the United States
Department of Agriculture for waivers of monthly reporting and retrospective budgeting
    Subd. 3. Employment and training programs. The commissioner of human services, in
consultation with the commissioner of employment and economic development, is authorized
to implement and allocate money to food stamp employment and training programs in as many
counties as is necessary to meet federal participation requirements and comply with federal laws
and regulations. The commissioner of human services may contract with the commissioner of
employment and economic development to implement and supervise employment and training
programs for food stamp recipients that are required by federal regulations.
    Subd. 4. Food stamp bonus awards. In the event that Minnesota qualifies for the United
States Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Services Food Stamp Program performance
bonus awards, the funding is appropriated to the commissioner. The commissioner shall retain
25 percent of the funding and distribute the other 75 percent among the counties according to
a formula that takes into account each county's impact on state performance in the applicable
bonus categories.
History: 1986 c 404 s 9; 1988 c 689 art 2 s 98; 1989 c 282 art 5 s 4; 1994 c 483 s 1; 1994 c
631 s 31; 2004 c 206 s 52; 2007 c 147 art 19 s 14

Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes