2007 Minnesota Statutes
This is an historical version of this statute chapter. Also view the most recent published version.
245.465 DUTIES OF COUNTY BOARD.
Subdivision 1. Use of mental health funds.
The county board in each county shall use its
share of mental health funds allocated by the commissioner according to the mental health plan
approved by the commissioner. The county board must:
(1) develop and coordinate a system of affordable and locally available adult mental health
services in accordance with sections
(2) with the involvement of the local adult mental health advisory council or the adult mental
health subcommittee of an existing advisory council, develop a biennial adult mental health plan
which considers the assessment of unmet needs in the county as reported by the local adult
mental health advisory council under section
245.466, subdivision 5
, clause (3). The county shall
provide, upon request of the local adult mental health advisory council, readily available data to
assist in the determination of unmet needs;
(3) provide for case management services to adults with serious and persistent mental illness
in accordance with sections
245.462, subdivisions 3 and 4
(4) provide for screening of adults specified in section
upon admission to a
residential treatment facility or acute care hospital inpatient, or informal admission to a regional
(5) prudently administer grants and purchase-of-service contracts that the county board
determines are necessary to fulfill its responsibilities under sections
(6) assure that mental health professionals, mental health practitioners, and case managers
employed by or under contract with the county to provide mental health services have experience
and training in working with adults with mental illness.
Subd. 2.[Repealed, 2006 c 282 art 16 s 17
Subd. 3. Responsibility not duplicated.
For individuals who have health care coverage,
the county board is not responsible for providing mental health services which are within the
limits of the individual's health care coverage.
History: 1987 c 403 art 2 s 20; 1988 c 689 art 2 s 74; 1989 c 282 art 4 s 6; 1991 c 94 s 1;
1991 c 292 art 4 s 4; 1Sp2003 c 14 art 11 s 11; 2005 c 98 art 3 s 3; 2007 c 147 art 8 s 4
Copyright © 2007 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.