237.75 CLASS SERVICE.
Subdivision 1. Definition.
For purposes of this section, "CLASS" or "custom local
area signaling service" means a custom calling telephone service that is enabled through the
installation or use of Signaling System 7 or similar signaling system and that includes at least
the following features:
(1) automatic call back;
(2) automatic recall;
(3) calling number delivery, commonly known as "caller identification";
(4) calling number delivery blocking;
(5) customer originated call tracing;
(6) distinctive ringing/call waiting;
(7) selective call acceptance;
(8) selective call forwarding; and
(9) selective call rejection.
Subd. 2. CLASS; terms and conditions.
By January 1, 1994, the commission shall
determine the terms and conditions under which CLASS services may be provided by telephone
companies in this state.
Subd. 3. CLASS; capability and offering of service.
Each telephone company that provides
local telephone service to persons located in the counties of Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin,
Ramsey, Scott, and Washington shall obtain the capability to offer CLASS services in those
counties by January 1, 1995, unless the commission approves an extension to a date certain.
History: 1993 c 268 s 5